Give Online or by Mail
All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Checks should be made out to “The House DC” and mailed to:
The House DC, Inc.
P.O. Box 3866
Capitol Heights, MD 20791
You can also email or call us to donate over the phone using your Visa, Mastercard, or American Express at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-610-3100.
Or, you can send us a donation online using PayPal or Credit or Debit:
Click here to see a demonstration on how to designate your donation.
GIVE BY USING YOUR PHONE
Open your camera app on your phone and point at the QR Code Below if you would like to give by using your phone.
Giving stocks that have appreciated in value can be a very advantageous method for contributing to The House DC.
Typically, the giver is able to take the full market value of the securities as an itemized deduction on the date of the transfer. Using this method, the giver does not incur any tax on the gain represented by the difference between the cost and the current market value of the securities.
1. Contact your broker and tell them to set up a transfer of stock as a gift to a non-profit.
2. Provide your broker with these details regarding The House DC at SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.:
Deliver to DTC Clearing #0226
National Financial Services LLC-SunTrust Investment Services
200 Liberty Street, Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10281
Account Name: The House DC
Account Number: DFL-078913
3. Please note, your broker does not provide your name with this transaction, to accurately attribute this gift to you and provide you with a tax-deductible receipt, we need the following details:
- Your name and mailing address
- Ticker symbol or name of the stock
- Number of shares you are giving
- Date the gift order was placed with your broker
- Please send these details to: email@example.com
For additional questions or to mail the requested contact details to us:
The House DC, Inc.
PO Box 30958
Washington, DC 20030
*For mutual fund shares please contact your broker for their instructions for giving.
**As with any stocks or securities-related transactions, be sure to consult your broker for details regarding how the transaction impacts your investment strategies.
***As with any tax-related transaction, be sure to consult your tax advisor for details regarding tax deductibility and how this transaction may impact your specific tax situation.
Did you know that hundreds of companies across the country match employee contributions to The House DC? Enter your company’s name in the employer search field below to find out whether your company matches employee donations to The House DC.